CMC Rescue Coordinators:
Wendy Dowhan (East)
Shannon Henry (East)
Please keep in mind that CMC Rescue is run by volunteers, out of our homes. We do not have a shelter or kennel facility. We are involved in rescue because we love the breed. However, we also have homes, families, dogs, jobs, travel and outside hobbies/interests. We work our rescue activities around busy schedules, so please be patient and realistic about timelines for returning calls or emails.
Please note - unless you are provided with registration papers, we cannot guarantee that any mastiff in rescue is purebred.
For other Molosser rescue groups visit our Rescue Links page.
There are a few things you may want to consider before adopting a Mastiff:
- they will need training and time to adjust -some dogs come with baggage and may have behavioural issues
- they DROOL!!!!!!!!
- they can be strong-willed/stubborn
- they are extremely strong -they can be clumsy and could accidentally knock over a small child
- they shed, and because of their size there is a lot of hair
- they eat a considerable amount of food
- the cost of vet bills are more due to their size